Facts about AWL-System
The Active Work-Life System AWL-system) is a productivity improvement and employee engagement program for sedentary office workers. A systematic active work behaviour allows sedentary office employees to perform at a high level of cognitive availability and metabolic energy throughout the entire day. The HiACHIEVR AWL-System program, based on a sustainable physiological transformation, builds on four pillars:
- Reduction of chronic stress by managing happy neurochemical
- Quality sleep managed for individual chronotypes
- Circadian Nutrition System (CNS) controlling hormones and insulin resistance to manage weight
- NEAT activity improves office endurance and metabolic energy
The benefits of the HiACHIEVR Active Work-Life System extend to both professional and personal spheres.
- Increased Productivity
- Improved Employee Engagement,
- Increased Collaboration and Creativity
- Managing the balance of happy neurochemical
- Increased Cognitive Availability
- Improved Team Collaboration
- Improved Personal Confidence and Openness
- Elevated Personal Metabolic Energy
- Better Personal Health and Office Endurance
- Physiologically Triggered Rejuvenation
- Restored Work-Life Balance
The Active Work-Life System benefits most of the sedentary office workers.
It enables productivity improvement, employee engagement, collaboration and improves creativity through physiological transformation.
The AWL-System program can be beneficial to:
- IT professionals
- Banking and finance professionals
- Administrative employees
- Office-based chair-bound professionals and
- Home-based consultants
The human body has evolved for movement, walking and not sitting, over 300,000 years of human evolution.
We switched to sitting behaviour only 100 years ago and to intensive sitting habit within the last 50 years.
We stop suddenly in the early 20s and transition to motionless sitting for 8-12 hours. The sitting behaviour weakens the muscular system, slows down metabolism, degrades cognitive availability to only 3 hours per day initiating an unhealthy journey..
At the age of 30, the average office employee clocks-in over 44,000 sitting hours. This figure rises to 66,000 hours at the age of 40.
Sedentary behaviour brings you to the edge of physiological disability and 50 cent probability to develop one or more metabolic conditions in your 50s.
It includes diabetes, coronary heart disease, early-onset dementia, premature ageing and premature death. Implementing the AWL-System will slow down, stop, and reverse sedentary risks in longterm.
In the Short Term, a business implementing AWL-System will benefit from an unprecedented increase in productivity as a result of increased employees Cognitive Availability, Collaboration and Employee Engagement.
AWL-System is also a form of business disruption identifying bottlenecks in business processes and the opportunity to address it and jump in front of the competition.
There are three fundamental factors of the Active Work-Life System supporting Productivity improvement. These are:
- Increased Cognitive Availability
- Metabolic Energy of NEAT process, and
- the posture of Openness and Collaboration.
The increase of Cognitive Availability from 3 to 8 hours, effectively doubles the time generally wasted with sedentary behaviour. Combining increased Cognitive Availability with enhanced Metabolic Energy and Process Improvement enables the exponential growth of Productivity.
Additionally, standing posture signals a Natural Openness, hence increasing personal confidence and trust.
There are many reasons for stress, both personal and work-related, such as work overload and social intimidation. Increasingly social isolation induces severe stress causing various mental conditions.
- In a short-term, acute stress offers a beneficial stimulation with a healthy dose of cortisol.
- In the long-term, chronic stress produces an unhealthy amount of cortisol which is toxic to the body if not metabolised.
Physiological, neurological and psychological components of the HiACHIEVR AWL-System, focus on the development of positive habits.
The fundamental technique used is the management of happy neurochemicals and control of cortisol, the unhappy chemical.
The combination of these helps to reduce and eventually eliminate chronic stress in three ways.
- Increased body movement and metabolism have a positive effect on physical and mental wellbeing.
- Openness and collaboration signalled by upright posture enable employee engagement and trust.
- Finally doubling the cognitive availability opens opportunities to improve productivity and lower the pressure to cope with the workload.
There are many reasons for poor sleep stretching from medical to stress. The AWL-System helps to reduce work-related chronic stress in three ways.
- It provides an opportunity to exercise the body effortlessly for the entire day at work.
- It creates a healthy framework for mental wellbeing by promoting openness and collaboration.
- It doubles time sedentary people missing with low cognitive availability.
The unique feature of the HiACHIEVR AWL-System is the focus on the management of happy neurochemicals. By developing these techniques, one can achieve a steady microflow of dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin and endorphin rather than disruptive binge habits.
The HiACHIVR AWL-System design is based on evolutionary principles stimulating openness, collaboration and growth mindset. From the evolutionary aspect, we are more successful when we collaborate.
The AWL-System creates opportunities for engagement because it is based on teamwork and personal short-term and long-term sustainable physiological improvement. It makes it advantageous to work in the office because it creates an environment conducive to the social collaborative engagement.
The AWL-System facilitates physiological transformation which enables sustained endurance up to 8 hours of low-level diverse mobility.
Diverse mobility and NEAT process, when combined with Nutritional Circadian System, bring insulin resistance down and eventually eliminates it. Thus facilitating unobstructed glucose delivery to muscular and brain cells. This allows producing Metabolic energy driving both the body and the brain.
Fitness has many components such as strength, aerobic capacity, endurance, flexibility and balance. The process of active behaviour improves endurance, flexibility and balance. With increased endurance the ability to sustain activities longer enables more metabolic energy and better long-term health outcomes.
Balance and flexibility are markers of ageing and personal confidence. They are major factors defining life quality, in particular, in your later years after 50. Balance and flexibility are first components of fitness to deteriorate if not practice on a daily basis.
Once lost it is impossible to maintain other fitness components such as strength, aerobic capacity and endurance.
A simple ‘Use it or Lose it’ principle applies to just about any system in the body. Rejuvenation can only occur with purposeful and deliberate stress and deprivation promoting physiological reconstruction. Muscular, cardiovascular systems and brain work like that.
- While working in an upright position a large variety of muscles are engaged in stimulating muscular rejuvenation.
- Deep breathing and increased demand for oxygen improve vascularization of lungs and heart.
- The challenge to keep balance and movement diversity constantly and increase in low physical activity improve the neural plasticity and generation of new nerve tissue in the hippocampus region (neurogenesis).
The cognitive availability describes a state of the brain, at the maximum environmental awareness.
In this state, the body awareness combines all the senses such as vision, touch, proximity awareness, balance and posture-supporting muscles.
It occurs when the body is in an upright position, at the low but diverse metabolic activity called Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT).
Balancing the upright body is a very challenging operation for the brain enhancing neural diversity and cognitive availability as well as improving insulin resistance to deliver more glucose to generate metabolic energy.
Time is not only a non-renewable resource, but it is also the most precious possession in life. Time is a basic human right and the lack of it is the primary source of stress. Sedentary behaviour is the biggest reason most people forfeit this most valuable asset. It happens because a sedentary behaviour affords only 3 out of 8 hours of Cognitive Availability during the working day, Adapting to AWL-System NEAT level activity enables 8 hours of Cognitive Availability, literally instantly doubling time available.
It takes the body around 20 minutes to transition to sitting.
The sitting non-activity signals a rest phase to the brain. The brain commences shutting down NEAT processes as well as associated brain areas and brain activities.
Your oxygen intake decreases and the work effectiveness and metabolism slow down. It also means that you require less energy, so the food you consumed is no longer needed to generate energy for your body. So your body converts it into fat for storage.
NEAT has both short term and long term impact on sedentary employees.
- In the short term, NEAT improves cognitive availability and metabolic energy. Eight hours of NEAT will extend the cognitive availability from 3 to 8 hours. In turn, it leads to Productivity Improvement when supported by the Process Improvement.
- In the long term, NEAT supports enhanced health outcomes for sedentary employees. A sedentary lifestyle is a significant contributor to sedentary conditions such as diabetes, coronary heart disease, early onset-dementia, premature ageing and premature mortality. Fifty per cent of sedentary office workers will develop one or more sedentary conditions in their 50s.
If you spend six or more hours per day sitting you meet the criteria of a sedentary worker.
To calculate your daily sitting add the time:
- you spend on commuting,
- working at your desk,
- conducting sitting meetings,
- working at home on your computer or mobile device, and
- consuming a sitting entertainment such as watching television or playing video games.
Sales professionals looking to gain a professional edge must look for solutions outside the traditional sales strategy.
There are many physiologically supported reasons for improved performance with exercise and active office behaviour.
The research demonstrates that the AWL-System program with a proper nutrition system and exercise can improve closing rates on sales calls due to increased personal confidence.